Are you interested in studying occupational therapy at the University of Queensland? If you would like to apply, or have applied, OzTREKK would like to remind all applicants that the application deadline is Friday, May 31, 2013. In order for applications to be submitted to UQ on time, OzTREKK is encouraging applicants to have their applications and supporting documents at the OzTREKK office by Thursday, May 30 at 3 p.m.
The University of Queensland Occupational Therapy School offers a two-year graduate-entry Master of Occupational Therapy Studies program designed for students who have a bachelor’s degree and wish to gain qualifications to register as an occupational therapist. It is a two-year, accelerated occupational therapy program, designed for students who have already completed an undergraduate degree. On successful completion of this program, graduates are eligible for registration as an occupational therapist.
Program: Master of Occupational Therapy Studies
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Semester intake: November 2013
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: May 31, 2013
There are 10 places available in the Master of Occupational Therapy Studies program each year for international students, including students from Canada. Offers will be made to applicants with the highest academic rank.
To be eligible to apply, you must have
- completed an undergraduate degree (preferably in the fields of Human Kinetics/Kinesiology or Physical or Biological Sciences);
- have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 4.0 on a 7-point scale in your university studies; and
- completed the Master of Occupational Therapy Studies prerequisite subjects as follows:
- one semester of statistics;
- one semester of human anatomy;
- one semester of human physiology.
- one year (or two semesters) in social sciences, e.g., psychology, sociology, anthropology;
For more information about how to become an occupational therapist, including OT program entry requirements, application deadlines, tuition fees, scholarships, please visit OzTREKK’s Australian Occupational Therapy Schools page.
If you have any questions, please contact OzTREKK’s Australian Occupational Therapy Schools Officer Shannon Tilston: Email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call toll free in Canada at 1 866-698-7355. Contact OzTREKK for more information about how you can study in Australia and about Occupational Therapy programs at Australian universities!